1. Rallies unless otherwise stated commence at 10am on a Friday and run consecutively until a designated time on Sunday. Any members wishing to stay longer must consult the Rally Officers concerned prior to the time of the rally finishing.
2. All members MUST send in a rally booking slip, together with the appropriate non refundable deposit. If a rally is booked via the website, the Rally Officer will be in touch regarding booking forms and deposits. If after submitting a rally slip you cannot attend, then please inform the Rally Officer as soon as possible or you may be asked to pay for any commitments. Post dated cheques are not accepted for deposits. If for any reason a rally is cancelled or alternative arrangements are made, only members that have submitted slips will be advised. Rally plaques will be issued to members attending the rally, providing the appropriate application to attend has been received by the rally officer by first post on Monday proceeding the rally.
3. Please carry your Caravan and Motorhome Club membership card with you at all events, you may be asked to produce it.
4. Somerset Centre direction signs (coloured orange or yellow) will be displayed on approaches to all events.
5. Our centre does not wish to impose special rules, but all members are expected to strictly observe the Caravan and Motorhome Club, Country and Coastal Codes and the following:
- ball games, cycling, skate boarding, kite flying, radio controlled models including cars or any activities likely to degrade the comfort and convenience of other members or cause damage to persons and/or property, in or near the caravan lines are not permitted. Play areas will be provided where possible.
- Members must NOT light barbecues in awnings or too near the caravans, this is a fire hazard. Firepits will not be allowed at any time on the rally field.
- Dogs and any other animals must be kept under control, on a lead not exceeding 10ft at all times.
- Antisocial behaviour by members or their children and friends, when reported will be investigated by the centre committee and may result in the offending persons not being allowed to attend any further Somerset Centre events.
- Musical instruments radios etc, must be used with discretion and must not inconvenience other people.
- All vehicles are restricted to 5mph on the rally field and learner drivers are not allowed. No driving or riding between units only along the lines.
- Generators will only be allowed between the hours of 10am and 4pm. This also applies to any similar equipment used for the same purpose.
- Silent hours are between 11.00pm and 07.30am. Will all members wishing to leave the site during silent hours park their vehicles away from the lines.
- It is suggested that members place a fire bucket by their draw bar.
- No flying of Drones or Remote Control Planes on or near the Rally Field.
6. Your own sanitation will be required at all Centre Events and chemical disposal facilities will be provided. Toilets or parts thereof, must not be taken within 10ft of fresh drinking water taps.
7. Motorhomes are permitted providing the motorhome is professionally constructed or of a proper make, and the member is able and willing to comply with all centre requirements, but the rally officer cannot be expected to reserve a level pitch.
8 Pup tents are permitted on Somerset Events, subject to the following conditions:
- Only 1 tent per unit (2 persons)
- It is pitched in an area normally reserved for the caravan awning.
- It is clearly marked with reflective tape or within a windbreak.
- Parents are solely responsible for the safety and behaviour whilst tents are being used.
Where possible, Caravans with pup tents will be pitched next to or near a hedge line or perimeter fence for added safety.
To avoid unnecessary and undesirable implications to insurance liabilities, rallies must observe the above rules, and drivers on the rally fields must exercise the utmost due care and attention. As a consequence, the act of driving through the lines is not just a matter of good manners. The liability is with the driver and not the rally officers or The Caravan and Motorhome Club.
9. The siting of Caravans and towing vehicles will be directed by the Rally Officers.
10. All fees quoted are subject to change without notification.
11.Gazebos: The erection and use of gazebos is permitted, but done at the owners risk. Any damage caused by the gazebos is the responsibility of the owners.
12. With the exception of special occasions (eg Christmas new year) and where necessary permission is sought by the committee all social functions shall be terminated by 11pm when conducted on the rally field and 11.45pm when using commercial premises.
Responsibilities of the primary Rally Officer:
The Primary Rally Officer is solely in charge of the rally and the responsibility rests wholly with that member. They are appointed by the Caravan and Motorhome Club to organise an event as they think fit, and in accordance with The Caravan and Motorhome Club's policy for rallies and its bye laws. Rally Officers are requested to seek further guidance from the Senior centre official attending the rally should the need arise.